The snow has started and we thought it would be helpful to give you some tips about moving during the winter months.
First of all, YES we do move in the winter! TWO MEN AND A TRUCK is available to help you out 12 months of the year, come heat, come rain, come snow.
Here are a few tips to help you with your winter move:
- Make sure your driveway is cleared in preparation for your truck to arrive. Keep in mind we will need more room then your compact car.
- If your driveway or yard is slippery or wet, lay plywood over troubled areas to prevent slipping. This will eliminate the potential for dropped boxes and personal injury.
- We may sound like your mother, but “Dress Warm”. The door or garage in your house will be open during the move and the cold air will find you.
- Ensure your electronics, liquids and valuables are properly packed. Remember your belongings will be in a non-heated truck for a good portion of your move.
- Keep warm clothes for your family in a labeled box and easily accessible so that they get unpacked first.
- Plan on giving yourself a bit of extra time during the winter months. Snowy conditions can slow down the travel time of your move.
- Make sure your heat is ready to go at your new home so you can cozy up inside after a successful moving day.
- Most importantly, STAY SAFE!