Tips for Packing and Storing Christmas Decorations:
- Wrap your fragile items in packing paper or bubble wrap. Avoid using newspaper as the ink will rub off and can stain your decorations.
- Place your coloured lights in a box to keep out of the light and avoid fading.
- If you have kids, you probably have some beautifully hand crafted decorations. Dough or macaroni crafts should be stored in a resalable plastic bag to keep out the humidity and unwanted pests.
- Seasonal candles should be put away flat, out of the light, to help them keep their shape. Wrap each candle in packing paper to avoid them rubbing against each other.
- Pack your essentials such as ornament hooks and extension cords in a box labeled “Open First” to avoid the search while unpacking.
- Most importantly, label the boxes to easily find in storage.
- Store your boxes in a cool dry place.
Supplies You Will Need:
- Sturdy TWO MEN AND A TRUCK boxes (small and medium size)
- Packing paper
- Bubble wrap